On 27 April, KH Roberts officially opened the Creative and Innovation Centre (CIC) located at the Institute of Food Research and Product Development (IFRPD), Kasetsart University in Bangkok, Thailand. This centre is an extension of its existing flavour facilities in Thailand.
In conjunction with the centre’s opening, KH Roberts signs a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA) industry and partnership arm, Food Innopolis – Flavour Academy. This MoU officiates the mutual collaboration between both parties on flavour and product development research collaboration with organisations in Thailand, and nurturing talents in Thailand’s flavour industry.
Collaborative activities include:
- Training and workshops
- Development of industry-relevant professional network
- Participation in the Flavour Academy’s research network
- Industry field trips
Singapore-headquartered KH Roberts is known regionally for its well-established flavour know-how and continuously strives in advancing cutting- edge flavour technology. Nested within the KU campus and community in Thailand, the opening of KH Roberts CIC brings closer collaborations with local Institutes of Higher Learning in food innovation and provides its customers with a 360 degree integrated platform for product development. Together with KH Roberts, customers can speed to market their latest food and beverage innovations. The centre is well-equipped with the following research laboratories:
- Flavour Chemistry for collaborative research on discovering, understanding, and developing local and new aromas.
- Flavour Creation, where creative work begins with in-house flavourists crafting the profile that delights local taste buds. Some classic examples are Thai basil, Tamarind, Thai Tom Yum, Kaffir Lime, Japanese Peach, Japanese Green Tea, and the list continues.
- Food & Beverage Application that tests the latest flavour creations and supports various go-to-market prototypes ranging from beverage, health and nutrition, sweet food to savoury products.
Tan Pok Kiam, Commercial Director at KH Roberts Group said, “The expansion in Thailand reflects our commitment to increase KH Roberts’s network to support our customers in Thailand and the neighbouring markets. We believe that KH Roberts’s new and centrally located facility in Bangkok will inject a new standard for innovation and quality in the flavour industry.”
Wantana Songvanich, General Manager at KH Roberts Thailand added, “These investments coincide with the fast-growing packaged foods and beverages development across the region while recognizing the importance of local understanding and culture to support the company’s customer base.”
For more information, click on:
KH Roberts Pte Ltd